Pre-Forum Networking Drinks Reception
Legal Week Independent Law Firms Forum kicks off in style with our networking drinks reception at 7pm on Wednesday 16 March 2016 at Jumeirah Carlton Tower, London SW1. The drinks reception is a wonderful opportunity to meet fellow delegates and speakers in advance of the event, allowing you to broaden network and make connections that will help you succeed in 2016 and beyond.
Letter from the Chairman
As the conference on 17 March in London draws near we thought it would be a good idea to put down a few thoughts on some of the themes that we expect to be covering at the conference. This will be a fully interactive occasion. In addition to panels and presentations we will have a "soap box" session. Members of the audience will be invited to talk about issues that they feel strongly about and which affect independent law firms.
Amongst the themes that we expect to see covered will be:
• The culture of independent law firms and how to reinforce and build culture in a way that is of real significant to clients as well as being attractive to your lawyers and potential recruits.
• Serving clients across multiple jurisdictions. Ideas for how independent law firms can better integrate what they do and communicate the value of the expertise that they offer to the market. Getting that right is essential if independent firms are to continue to compete effectively against the international and global firms.
• Maximising the competitive advantage that short lines of communication and cohesion give.
• Dealing with the challenges of growth whilst maintaining critical elements of differentiation from the large international firms.
• Getting governance to support the culture and strategy of an independent firm.
• Providing a firm structure that supports lawyers who are necessarily independent of spirit and want to focus on clients first and foremost.
• And strategic focus: having the discipline to say no to the wrong sort of work and clients and make sure that the firm is concentrating on areas where it can really prosper and add value to clients.
"Although these issues will be relevant to many firms, the particular lens that we will be using at the conference is that of the independent firm with its particular opportunities, needs and challenges. We hope to see representatives from many independent firms around the world. Do join us if these issues are of vital importance to you and your firm."
Firms represented at Legal Week Independent Law Firms Forum 2016 included:
ABC Legal, Arendt & Medernach, Ashurst, ASTREA, Atanaskovic Hartnell, AZB Partners, Bulboaca & Asociatii, Clarkslegal, Deprez Guignot Associés, DLA Piper, Houthoff Buruma, John W Ffooks & Co, Kinstellar, LabLaw Law Firm, Legance Avvocati Associati, Luther, Macchi di Cellere Gangemi, Macfarlanes, Magnusson, Mourant Ozannes, NCTM Studio Legale, Pestalozzi, Peterka & Partners, Pirola Pennuto Zei & Associati UK, PLMJ International Legal Network, Riverview Law, Rutgers & Posch, Schillings, Shepherd and Wedderburn, Simmons & Simmons, SK Chambers, Stevens & Bolton, Travers Smith, Trowers & Hamlins, v. Woedtke & Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, Wolfs Advocaten.
The power of connections - Download Legal Week's Independent Law Firms Supplement